Wharfe Valley Hearths Ltd: tel 01937 859243
When you place your order with us you agree to our terms and conditions. These include information regarding ordering, delivery, cancellation and returns:-
- When an order is placed with us online you will receive an email with your invoice and details of the products you have ordered
- We ask that you check what has been ordered is correct and we will allow 12 hours before dispatching, for you to do this – this applies to internet and telephone orders
- This does not apply to urgent telephone orders where dispatch has been agreed.
- Quotations are valid for up to 50 days
We deliver hearths direct to you!
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU WILL BE AT THE ADDRESS ON THE DATE OF DELIVERY OR THAT ANYONE WHO MIGHT ACCEPT THE DELIVERY IS FULLY AWARE OF THE TERMS BELOW
- Hearths are normally dispatched within 2 working days of receipt of your order and delivery usually takes one/two working days to your registered address. Depending upon availability or unforeseen circumstances, you will be informed if this will be longer. There may be an additional charge for deliveries elsewhere.
- Please contact us if you have specific delivery requirements.
- Delivery is usually by courier or made on a pallet if the order is larger/bespoke
- You will receive a DHL tracking reference when dispatch has been scheduled and the tracking information will be available to view once the goods have been collected from ourselves
- The carriers will only deliver the goods to the nearest entrance to your property and will not bring the goods inside; this is for insurance and health and safety reasons
- If you cancel an order after we have started to ship it, we regret that we have to make a shipping charge to return it to our warehouse, even if the products have not reached your address
- The cost of delivery is included in the price of your hearth to your registered address in most United Kingdom mainland destinations. Alternative delivery addresses and some destinations incur an additional out of area charge which will be confirmed upon receipt of your order. If you think this may apply to you, please give us a call for a price (we do not deliver hearths outside the UK mainland)
- If there is likely to be a problem with access for a large 7.5 tonne lorry, please contact us in advance of placing your order. Examples of areas that we cannot deliver to are: long, gravel drives, areas inside walled cities with height restrictions from all directions, narrow lanes. We may be able to make alternative delivery arrangements if you contact us in advance
- We are not liable for any costs incurred by you, or any loss of earnings for delayed, late or failed deliveries. For example: if a delivery is delayed in any way and you have to re-book an installer, we are not liable for any extra charges the installer may charge you. We always recommend you do not book an installer until you are in receipt of the goods. We are not liable for any loss of earnings as a result of you taking time off work to accept a delivery, even if it is late or delayed
- If the carriers are unable to deliver to you, they will charge us for the failed delivery and for re-delivery or return and we shall have to hold you liable for these charges prior to goods being re-delivered.
- Bespoke glass hearths are usually dispatched within 21 working days and are non returnable or refundable.
- LARGE GLASS HEARTHS – including circular, large standard and large semi circle. Due to the size and weight of these products, they will be delivered on a pallet (please see pallet information below)
- Please note additional delivery charges may apply
Orders received on a pallet must be checked immediately upon receipt and prior to signing the delivery manifest, whether it be a paper or handheld device. You are signing to confirm the goods have been received safely and in good order. If they are damaged in any way, the goods must NOT be signed for; in these circumstances, the courier will take them away.
All stone, granite, large glass hearths and bespoke orders will be delivered on a pallet.
Examples of circumstances which may prevent the delivery of pallet goods include but are not exclusive to the following and must be advisede
- closing day(s)
- opening hours
- location, including narrow roads, low hanging trees/bridges, weight restrictions
- no available parking due to access issues/parking restrictions
DHL/UK MAIL COURIER DELIVERIES: Additional delivery terms relating to Glass Hearths –
Due to the fragile nature of these items, the hearths must be thoroughly checked and any issues reported within 24 hours. Please get in touch and forward photographic evidence of damage.
If the goods appear to be damaged, please do not accept the delivery. Noting the couriers documents as“UNCHECKED” does not exempt you from this obligation.If you are unable to check an item please mark the goods as damaged on the delivery note, so you are covered for all eventualities and notify us immediately
Cancellations and Returns:-
- Mail order, telephone and internet sales to individuals (not businesses) are covered by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (UK Law Directive 97/7/EC), which protect you by providing a 7 working day ‘cooling off’ period after the day the product has been delivered
- You have the option to cancel any order between the time of placing it and 7 working days after delivery. Cancellations must be in writing, by post or email; firstname.lastname@example.org (not to ANY other email address), quoting the Order Number. A charge for delivery will be deducted from any applicable refund and you are responsible for paying for the return.
- You have the right to receive a refund within 30 days of cancellation, normally paid within 14 days of cancellation and the goods being returned safely (whichever is the later)
- You are advised to retain the original packaging to assist in re-packing a hearth for return
- The goods must not have been fitted, installed or used in any way
- The goods must be unmarked and free from blemishes of any kind, and you must return them in a saleable condition
- Returns Policy
- We charge a 25% restocking fee on all business order returns and all that fall outside the above
- Bespoke hearths are non returnable
- We will repair or replace any item found defective or damaged before delivery or during unloading. This is in addition to your manufacturer’s guarantee
- We cannot accept return of products which are damaged
- If an item is broken following receipt, this will not be refunded – please contact the carrier
- The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility. Returned items to us must be sent by recorded delivery/secure service
- Your package will not be accepted by our warehouse unless we have agreed the return
- We regret that we are currently unable to participate in the UK VAT Retail Export Scheme
Contract of Sale between the Purchaser and the Seller begins when the Seller notifies the Purchaser of dispatch. Please ensure the correct email address is supplied as we do not accept responsibility for failed receipt (proof of sending can be provided)
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the https://wharfevalleyhearths.co.uk website (the “Service”) operated by Wharfe Valley Hearths (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
You are encouraged to familiarise yourself with your rights contained within the Sale of Goods Act 1979, Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.
If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through the Service (“Purchase”), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, your billing address, and your shipping information.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the legal right to use any credit card(s) or other payment method(s) in connection with any Purchase; and that (ii) the information you supply to us is true, correct and complete. You expressly agree that Wharfe Valley Hearths is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from the submission of false or inaccurate information.
By submitting such information, you grant us the right to provide the information to third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of Purchases.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order at any time for certain reasons including but not limited to: product or service availability, errors in the description or price of the product or service, error in your order or other reasons. You expressly agree that Wharfe Valley Hearths cannot accept any liability for loss or damage arising out of such cancellation.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if fraud or an unauthorised or illegal transaction is suspected.
Availability, Errors and Inaccuracies
We are constantly updating our offerings of products and services on the Service. The products or services available on our Service may be mispriced, described inaccurately, or unavailable, and we may experience delays in updating information on the Service and in our advertising on other web sites. You expressly agree that any such offer of a product or service does not constitute a legal offer capable of attracting legal consequences.
We cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information, including prices, product images, specifications, availability, and services. We reserve the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time without prior notice. Section “Availability, Errors and Inaccuracies” is without prejudice to existing statutory rights.
When you create an account with us, you must provide us information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account on our Service.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service.
You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trade mark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you without appropriate authorization, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene. You expressly agree that we cannot be held liable for any loss or damage arising out of any misrepresentations you make in this regard.
The Service and its original content, features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Wharfe Valley Hearths and its licensors. The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United Kingdom and foreign countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Wharfe Valley Hearths.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Wharfe Valley Hearths.
Wharfe Valley Hearths has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Wharfe Valley Hearths shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend your account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Wharfe Valley Hearths and its licensee and licensors, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees), resulting from or arising out of a) your use and access of the Service, by you or any person using your account and password, or b) a breach of these Terms.
Limitation Of Liability
In no event shall Wharfe Valley Hearths, nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Service; (ii) any conduct or content of any third party on the Service; (iii) any content obtained from the Service; and (iv) unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
Wharfe Valley Hearths its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Service will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing and notwithstanding any other provision of these terms, under no circumstances will Wharfe Valley Hearths ever be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary loss or damage arising from, connected with, or relating to your use of the Service, these Terms, the subject matter of these Terms, the termination of these Terms or otherwise, including but not limited to personal injury, loss of data, business, markets, savings, income, profits, use, production, reputation or goodwill, anticipated or otherwise, or economic loss, under any theory of liability (whether in contract, tort, strict liability or any other theory or law or equity), regardless of any negligence or other fault or wrongdoing (including without limitation gross negligence and fundamental breach) by Wharfe Valley Hearths or any person for whom Wharfe Valley Hearths is responsible, and even if Wharfe Valley Hearths has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, you must stop using the service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.