CARRIERS ARE EXPERIENCING UNPRECEDENTED WORKLOADS INCURRING DELAYS OF UP TO 5 DAYS, IN DELIVERING PALLET GOODS TO A NUMBER OF AREAS. THIS MAY MEAN YOUR ORDER WILL NOT BE DELIVERED AS QUICKLY AS USUAL AND WE WOULD THANK YOU FOR YOUR FORBEARANCE.
The following products are dispatched on a pallet:
- ALL Bespoke orders
- Larger Glass products including Large Semi Circle, Large Standard, Large Square, Circular, Large Truncated, Large Rectangle and Medium Standard
- All Stone products
We recommend you do not book an installer until you are in receipt of your order.
Hearths are currently being dispatched from us to your registered address within 3 working days of receipt of your order, on a Next Day service. We will email you (using the address supplied) to arrange or confirm the delivery date.
- We schedule pallets for delivery Tuesday – Friday. They normally arrive between 9AM-6PM unless you have selected a morning/afternoon service when placing your order. If you have a preferred date, please supply in the order notes and we will do our best to accommodate it. We do not otherwise provide updates on your delivery.
- The cost of delivery to your own address is included in the price of your hearth (to most United Kingdom mainland destinations). Delivery elsewhere and some destinations incur an additional out of area charge which will be confirmed when placing your order via the online portal. If you select the Collection option, we will contact you to arrange this.
- The carriers will only deliver goods to the nearest entrance to your property and will not bring the goods inside; this is for insurance and health and safety reasons.
- Additional delivery charges will apply to some post code areas including but not limited to the following: AB, BT, DD, IM, IV, KA, KW, PA, PH, PO30-41 and deliveries will take up to 5 working days. We do not offer pallet delivery to HS / ZE postcodes. We do not deliver hearths outside the UK mainland.
You must advise us of potential Access and/or Delivery issues prior to dispatch and we will do our best to accommodate these (additional charges may apply). If the carriers are unable to deliver to you, they will charge us for the failed delivery and for re-delivery or return and we shall have to hold you liable for these charges.
Examples of circumstances which may prevent the delivery of pallet goods, including but not exclusive to the following;
- Weight/height restrictions such as a Large 7.5 tonne lorry, bridges
- Long, gravel drives, areas inside walled cities, height restrictions, narrow lanes
- Closing day(s)- opening hours – location – staircases
It is your responsibility to confirm the correct goods have been received safely and in good order and to ensure you will be at the delivery address on the date scheduled or whomever you have arranged to accept the delivery, is fully aware of the following (including 3rd party deliveries): –
- We are not liable for any costs incurred by you, or any loss of earnings for delayed, late or failed deliveries for any reason including but not exclusive to taking additional time off work, having to re-book an installer nor are we liable for any extra charges the installer may charge you.
- Pallets will not be left unattended and re-delivery will be charged for if you are not in. Re-delivery is unlikely to be the same day as the carriers will be delivering elsewhere.
- Any instruction you make for a carrier to leave a pallet unattended, is made at your own risk. We are not liable for any damage caused to goods not checked upon receipt whilst the driver is present or not signed for.
- Pallet deliveries must be checked immediately upon receipt and prior to signing the delivery manifest, whether it be a paper or handheld device. DRIVERS ARE PERMITTED AMPLE TIME FOR THIS
- If goods are damaged in any way, DO NOT accept the delivery or sign for them; in these circumstances, the courier must take them away and you must report the issues/damage to ourselves via email, with photographic evidence (to email@example.com). Noting the courier documents “UNCHECKED” does not exempt you from this obligation.
- There will be a charge for replacements of damaged goods not notified as above/within the specified time frame or not returned with the carrier; if we are notified of damage/issues straight away, the courier accepts liability.
Once goods have been taken inside your property, we accept no further liability for any damage