Important Glass Hearth Delivery Terms & Information
You will be notified by email (the email address you supply on your order) of DHL tracking information and again once your order has been dispatched. This information is to enable you to check upon delivery progress or to amend the delivery. This will be sent by DHL. It is your responsibility to update the tracking information should a change be required either for yourself or a 3rd party if you have requested delivery elsewhere (and to provide the 3rd party with the tracking information if you wish). Tracking becomes available after DHl have collected your order from our premises; DHl send this update.
Please see important Pallet delivery terms for all larger glass hearths (Including Circular, Large Semi-Circle, Large Standard, Large Truncated , Large Rectangle, Large Square and Medium Standard), bespoke and stone, granite, concrete orders.
- Hearths are CURRENTLY dispatched from us (to your registered address) within 3 working days of receipt of your order on a next day service (orders received after 1.30pm are dated as received the next day). This may be longer during holiday periods and from October -December.
- Next day delivery is not guaranteed, this being outside of our control
- Delivery may take longer to a different address and locations where next day is not available, including but not exclusive to AB31-56, DG, FK18-22, G63, IV, KA, KW, PA, PH and additional delivery charges may be applicable. We will contact you if this is the case, following receipt of your order
- Please note: we do not deliver hearths outside the UK mainland
- The cost of delivery to your registered address is included in the price of your hearth (to most United Kingdom mainland destinations) subject to the above
- If you cancel an order after we have started to ship it, a charge for the shipping will be deducted from any refund and our Returns Policy applies https://wharfevalleyhearths.co.uk/terms-conditions/
- If the goods appear to be damaged, please do not accept the delivery. Due to the fragile nature of these items, Glass Hearths must be thoroughly checked, and any issues reported within 24 hours of delivery. We may make a charge for replacements notified outside this time-frame
- DHl drivers are not obliged to take the goods back to their depot to dispose of in the event of damage
- Do not use sharp objects to open packaging where it is clear there is glass beneath as you may cause damage to the product
- We are not liable for goods found to be damaged following receipt where you have requested them to be delivered to an alternative public address (including but not exclusive to a place of work) or left unattended; this is done at your own risk.
- In agreeing to our terms, you accept responsibility for making arrangements for a 3rd party to check and sign for your delivery or for goods to be left unattended.
- The carriers will only deliver goods to the nearest entrance to your property and will not bring the goods inside; this is for insurance and health and safety reasons and we are unable to arrange otherwise
- We recommend you do not book an installer until you are in receipt of your order. We are not liable for any costs incurred by you, or any loss of earnings for delayed, late or failed deliveries. For example: if a delivery is delayed in any way and you have to re-book an installer, we are not liable for any extra charges the installer may charge you. We are not liable for any loss of earnings resulting from you taking time off work to accept a delivery, even if it is late or delayed
- IMPORTANT NOTE RE Coloured/Painted hearths – these should be sited with the coloured/painted (matt) side to the floor, leaving the shiny unpainted side for your stove to sit on. The surface beneath the hearth should be chemically neutral and free from active chemicals such as acid or similar, which may damage coloured/painted hearths
- We do not advise siting coloured/painted glass hearths where there is underfloor heating beneath
The following products are dispatched on a pallet: see pallet delivery terms
- ALL Bespoke orders
- Larger Glass products including Large Semi Circle, Large Standard, Large Square, Circular, Large Truncated, Large Rectangle and Medium Standard
- All Sandstone / Granite / Limestone / Concrete