Glass Hearth Delivery Terms & Information
Please note: the following information is not applicable to larger glass hearths (Including Circular, Large Semi-Circle, Large Standard, Large Truncated, Large Rectangle, Large Square and Medium Standard), bespoke and stone, granite, concrete orders; please see PALLET DELIVERY
You will receive notification of your DHL tracking number (from DHL) to the email address supplied when placing your order and again once your order has been dispatched. This information enables you to check upon delivery progress or to amend the delivery. It is your responsibility to update the tracking information should a change be required either for yourself or a 3rd party if you have requested delivery elsewhere (and to provide the 3rd party with the tracking information if you wish). Tracking becomes available after DHL have collected your order from our premises.
- Orders are dispatched from Wharfe Valley Hearths to your registered address, within 2 working days of receipt of your order on a next day service. Orders received after 1.30pm are deemed as received the next working day and deliveries to 3rd party addresses may take longer. Dispatch time is sometimes longer during holiday periods and the months October – December.
- Next day delivery is not guaranteed, this being outside of our control
- Deliveries will take longer to locations where next day delivery is not available, including but not exclusive to AB, DG, G, IV, KA, KW, PA, PH where additional delivery charges may also apply. We will contact you if this is the case, following receipt of your order.
- We do not deliver hearths outside the United Kingdom Mainland.
- The cost of delivery to your registered address is included in the price of your hearth (to most United Kingdom mainland destinations) subject to the above; 3rd party deliveries may incur an additional charge which will be notified to you following receipt of your order.
- If you cancel an order after we have started to ship it, a charge for the shipping will be deducted from any refund and our Returns Policy applies https://wharfevalleyhearths.co.uk/terms-conditions/
- If the goods appear to be damaged, please do not accept the delivery. Due to the fragile nature of these items, you must check Glass Hearths report any issues to ourselves within 24 hours of receipt. We may make a charge for replacements notified outside this time frame.
- DHL drivers are not obliged to take the goods back to their depot to dispose of in the event of damage.
- Do not use sharp objects to open packaging as you may cause damage to the glass product
- We are not liable for goods found to be damaged following receipt where you have requested them to be delivered to an alternative public address (including but not exclusive to a place of work) or left unattended; you are deemed to have made these arrangements at your own risk.
- In agreeing to our terms, you accept responsibility for agreeing to a 3rd party checking and signing for your delivery or for goods to be left unattended.
- The carriers will only deliver goods to the nearest entrance to your property and will not bring the goods inside; this is for insurance and health and safety reasons.
- We recommend you do not book an installer until you are in receipt of your order. We are not liable for any costs incurred by you, or for any loss of earnings for delayed, late or failed deliveries. For example: if a delivery is delayed in any way and you have to re-book an installer, we are not liable for any extra charges the installer may charge you. We are not liable for any loss of earnings resulting from you taking time off work to accept a delivery, even if it is late or delayed.
- NOTE RE Coloured/Painted hearths – these should be sited with the coloured/painted (matt) side to the floor, leaving the shiny unpainted side for your stove to sit on. The surface beneath the hearth must be chemically neutral and free from active chemicals such as acid or similar, which may damage coloured/painted hearths. We do not advise siting coloured/painted glass hearths where there is underfloor heating beneath.
The following products are dispatched on a pallet: see pallet delivery terms:-
- ALL Bespoke orders
- Larger Glass products including Large Semi Circle, Large Standard, Large Square, Circular, Large Truncated, Large Rectangle and Medium Standard
- All Sandstone / Granite / Limestone / Concrete