Before completing your details below.
Current Lead times for custom made hearths:
Clear glass: approximately 3 weeks
Coloured glass: approximately 4 weeks
Granite/Stone: mid-end January 2021
At Wharfe Valley Hearths, we are able to create many different shapes and sizes to meet your needs, subject to the following:
- Maximum 1150mm x 1000mm for delivery – if you require a larger size, please state that you are able to collect and we will try to accommodate your request
- Glass hearths are available in clear and coated coloured options only (please note that smoked glass is not available in bespoke sizes)
- Glass: normally 12mm (15mm and 19mm thicknesses available – please specify) with polished edges. We do not offer bevelled edges.
- Granite (Polished or Honed): 20mm and 30mm
- Sandstone: 30mm and 50mm
- Slate: 20mm
- Concrete: approximately 50mm thick and available in select shapes and sizes only
- Rectangle/Square up to 1000mm x 1000mm x 50mm
- Teardrop – 1000mm x 1000mm x 50mm
- Clipped Corner Square – 900mm x 900mm x 50mm
- For additional information, you will find hearth regulations here https://wharfevalleyhearths.co.uk/important-hearth-regulations-information/
To process your quotation, we need the following information from you:
- a valid email address to send your quotation to.
- a simple drawing and all measurements (in metric)
- the edging required for stone products e.g bullnose/ half-bullnose/ polished etc
- delivery postcode and contact number. If there is likely to be issues regarding accessing your property, we must be made aware of this when requesting a quotation.
Please be aware that:
- quotations are valid for 30 days
- all custom made hearths are delivered on a pallet and must be checked thoroughly before signing for safe receipt
- painted/coloured glass hearths must be lifted into place and sited with the coated side to a clean floor, free of debris
- painted/coloured glass hearths are not to be placed where there is underfloor heating as this will damage the coating
- painted hearths are easily damaged if placed paint-side-up (i.e incorrectly) and your stove should be sited on the shiny unpainted side
- stone hearths are sold unsealed. Stone sealant can be purchased from most major DIY stores.
- the surface beneath the hearth should be chemically neutral and free from active chemicals such as acid or similar, which may damage coloured/painted hearths
- please ensure hands are clean when handling all hearths to avoid staining
Note re fitting – Riven Slate
As a result of slate being split rather than cut to achieve the riven finish, the thickness level may not be consistent throughout. When siting on a wooden floor for example, we recommend the use of flexible tile adhesive should it be needed.