The following materials are available in custom sizes up to a maximum 1100mm x 1000mm for delivery to most areas however we do not offer delivery to
BT/ HS / ZE / PH17-26/ PH30-44/ PH49-50/ PO30-41/ PA20-49/ PA60-80/ IM/ IV40-63/ KW15-17 or delivery outside the UK mainland):-
- Clear Glass (12mm thick as standard and 10mm/15mm/19mm) All glass hearths have polished edges. We are not able to offer bevelled edges.
- Colour Coated (NOT smoked) Glass (select from the RAL colour chart and provide the relevant code)
- Polished Granite (20mm/30mm thickness)
- Honed Granite (Grey/Black colour, 20mm/30mm thickness)
- Smooth/Riven Slate (Grey/Black Colour, 20mm thick. This can be darkened further with a slate dressing)
- Buff and Grey Sandstone (50mm)
Should you require a larger size, please state that you are able to collect and we will try to accommodate your request.
Approximate Lead times for custom made hearths:
- Glass – up to 3 weeks
- Granite/Slate up to 4 weeks
- Stone – up to 8 weeks
To process your quotation, we need the following information from you:
- a valid email address to send your quotation to.
- a simple drawing and all measurements (in metric)
- the edging required for stone products e.g bullnose/ half-bullnose/ polished etc
- delivery postcode and contact number. If there is likely to be issues regarding accessing your property, we must be made aware of this when requesting a quotation.
Please be aware that:
- quotations are valid for 30 days
- all custom made hearths are delivered on a pallet and must be checked thoroughly before signing for safe receipt
- all glass hearths must be placed on a clean, completely level surface, free of debris
- painted/coloured glass hearths must be lifted into place and sited with the coated side to a clean floor, free of debris
- painted/coloured glass hearths are not to be placed where there is underfloor heating as this will damage the coating
- painted hearths are easily damaged if placed paint-side-up (i.e incorrectly) and your stove should be sited on the shiny unpainted side
- stone hearths are sold unsealed. Stone sealant can be purchased from most major DIY stores.
- the surface beneath the hearth should be chemically neutral and free from active chemicals such as acid or similar, which may damage coloured/painted hearths
- stone is a natural material and there may be variations in colour and markings within the stone
- please ensure hands are clean when handling all hearths to avoid staining
- Pallet Delivery T&Cs / Information – Wharfe Valley Hearths
Note re fitting – Riven Slate
As a result of slate being split rather than cut to achieve the riven finish, the thickness level may not be consistent throughout. When siting on a wooden floor for example, we recommend the use of flexible tile adhesive should it be needed.